- Read and interpret welding plans or instructions;
- Use manual or semi-automatic devices to weld metal parts;
- Use metal forming machines, such as bending presses and shears, as well as other metal straightening and bending machines;
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding additional layers;
- Use welding machines with adjustable controls such as resistance spot, butt and suture welding machines or arc or gas welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts;
- Use welding and brazing machines with adjustable controls to bond metal elements with solder or to fill holes, serrations and joints in metal articles;
- Participate in the maintenance and repair of welding and brazing machines;
- All other related tasks.
- Professional study diploma (DEP) in welding;
- Have 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- CWB certification and Red Seal is an asset;
- Good vision;
- Be able to work in hot and noisy places;
- MIG, TIG, aluminum, stainless a great asset;
- Knowledge of various construction procedures and equipment related to the trade.